Mode Analytics Learn SQL Learn Python Data Viz Analytics Dispatch Forum

Machine learning at Apple

EMBRACE COMPLEXITY
You Say Data, I Say System
Every spreadsheet or database view or visualization is the result of an entire system of decisions: how to collect, compute, and represent the data. This article provides an excellent framework for being mindful of the choices that shape the end product you see on your screen. - Hacker Noon

MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
Improving the Realism of Synthetic Images
Producing a large, diverse, and accurate training set for machine learning models is a pricey endeavor. Apple provides a rare behind-the-scenes look at how they cut costs and improved their models by making simulated images look more realistic. - Apple Machine Learning Journal

TABLE SETTING
Designing better tables for enterprise applications
Many table designs work in theory, but they break when they meet real-world workflows, large datasets, and domain specific user-types. Keep an eye out for these common pitfalls. - uxdesign.cc

DON THE CAPE
Analyzing the Gender Representation of 34,476 Comic Book Characters
Female characters appear in superhero comics less often than males — but when they are included, how are they depicted? - The Pudding

JUMPING-OFF POINT
I have data. I need insights. Where do I start?
What to do when your boss dumps a bunch of data in your lap and says “tell me something interesting.” - Towards Data Science