AI art “thieves”

STATE OF THE ART
How Three French Students Used Borrowed Code to Put the First AI Portrait in Christie’s
The code used to generate this portrait is mostly the work of another artist and programmer. This raises a question about attribution in the open and collaborate AI art community, which is taking its first steps into mainstream attention. - The Verge

NEW TOY
Mask R-CNN Benchmark
A fast and modular implementation for Faster R-CNN and Mask R-CNN written entirely in PyTorch 1.0. It’s 30% quicker than mmdetection during training. - Facebook Research

BREAK THE CODE
How Becoming Not a Data Scientist Made Me a Better Data Scientist
Working as a software engineer helped Joel Grus understand how to write better code… as a data scientist. - Joel Grus

BURNT OUT
How do you like your ML career?
“Over the last few years ML has lost some of its luster in my mind - the hype around deep learning and ML has added a lot of noise into the system, and for someone who cares about doing good science that’s been hard for me.” - r/MachineLearning

TO FREE OR NOT TO FREE?
How to Make Your Product Freemium
Earlier this year, Mode launched a free product, Mode Studio. We risked cannibalizing our paid product and wasting months of work if Studio failed. Here’s how we used research and analysis to go “freemium.” - Mode

Data Jobs

See more jobs or post a job.

A complete analytical toolkit, free forever

SQL, Python, R, and built-in charts, all in one place.